Why Parental Involvement???
- Students achieve more regardless of socio-economic status, racial/ethnic background, or parents’ education level.
- Involved parents create a home environment that encourages learning.
- Students have higher graduation rates and higher enrollment rates in post-secondary education.
Children have better self-esteem, are more self-disciplined & show higher aspirations & motivation toward school.
- Children have higher grades and test scores, better attendance, and complete homework consistently.
Children from diverse ethnic backgrounds perform better when the parent and teacher collaborate.
Family participation in education is twice as predictive of student academic success as socioeconomic status.
- Parental involvement benefits all children, parents, teachers, schools, and communities.
- Students of involved parents have fewer behavioral problems