The mission of the SGA Elementary Library Media Center is to ensure that students are effective users of ideas and information. The library media center strives to provide the students with a wide range of materials on appropriate levels of difficulty that will encourage growth in knowledge, establish a life-long love of reading, and foster information literacy.
Objectives The goals of the media specialists are:
1. To teach students to access, evaluate, and use information.
2. To maintain a well-balanced collection of media appropriate to the needs of the school.
3. To provide students and teachers with assistance in locating and using instructional materials.
4. To promote instruction in information literacy
5. To manage a planned program and a welcoming environment.